Saturday, December 17, 2011

True Friends or Just Acquaintances

As I often told my boys when they were teens, water finds the lowest level. . .and it's the same with friends.


Will you choose friends who will cause you to "lower" yourself to become like them. . .it's very rare to find that "true" friend. . .the one who will hold you to a higher standard. . .who will encourage you to be more than you are. . .


A friend's daughter says it perfectly in her blog post: They're not Healthy for You. . .let 'em go!  I hope you will take a few moments to check out and read her thoughts on the subject.  It has given me pause. . .


I loved the translation of 2 Corinthians 6:17 that she used. . .


The (KJV) King James Version says. . .come out from among them and be ye separate. . .


The (MSG) Message Version says. . .don't link up with those who will pollute you. . .


here is the entire quote from the MSG. . .found here:



2 Corinthians 6:17

The Message (MSG)


14-18Don't become partners with those who reject God. How can you make a partnership out of right and wrong? That's not partnership; that's war. Is light best friends with dark? Does Christ go strolling with the Devil? Do trust and mistrust hold hands? Who would think of setting up pagan idols in God's holy Temple? But that is exactly what we are, each of us a temple in whom God lives. God himself put it this way:

   "I'll live in them, move into them;
      I'll be their God and they'll be my people.
   So leave the corruption and compromise;
      leave it for good," says God.
   "Don't link up with those who will pollute you.
      I want you all for myself.
   I'll be a Father to you;
      you'll be sons and daughters to me."
   The Word of the Master, God.



Wow. . .can it get much more clear than that?


I love when I read something that makes me think. . .and today's thought from Susan Hill aka the bossy Mom definitely made me think. . .thanks Susan, I'm learning a lot from you. . .keep up the good work!




1 comment:

  1. "I want you all for myself." Isn't that awesome?...God wants ME...all to Himself. {Cue the tears...} Thanks for adding that. Loved it.

    Also loved the idea that water {and sometimes friends} find the lowest level. Interesting. {And explains a few of my 'former' relationships!}

    ReplyDelete