Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Examining Your Spiritual Habits

Examining Your Spiritual Habits









My mother in law had a habit of saying, "Oh, Jesus, I love You," at the oddest times, and in the strangest places.  I so clearly remember getting in an elevator at John Sealy Hospital in Galveston, on our way up to visit a friend.  As Mom leaned back against the elevator wall, she whispered this phrase I had heard her say so many times before, and you know what?  Now I say it.  What a great habit to have picked up from a great lady.

As I read today's devotion, I realized, what the author was speaking of, is exactly what Mom had done.  Saying, "Jesus, I love You" was so deeply ingrained into her being, that it was no longer a habit, it was now a part of who she was.  Mom was truly, deeply in love with Jesus, and just speaking His Name, brought her into His Presence.

“For if these things (habits) are yours and abound, they make you to be not idle nor unfruitful.”
2 Peter 1:8

The things, (habits) that Peter is speaking of in this verse, are all the things listed in the preceding Verse 7.

Diligence, Faith, Virtue, Knowledge, Self Control, Patience, Godliness, Brotherly kindness, and Love. . .

Just clicking on the link above is such a Bible Study that it would take all day just to go into it all, but as the author states, and as I believe, there is a necessary contribution that each of us must make towards our salvation.

My prayer today is that a hunger for the things of God will consume each one reading this, and the habits we develop, from this day forward, will be pleasing in His sight.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts with you. . .

Please feel free to forward 

If you would like to receive updates from Falling in Love with Jesus, please enter your email address at the top of the page.  You will only receive notices from this blog, and can unsubscribe at any time.





No comments:

Post a Comment