Friday, March 11, 2011

The Desire of My Heart

In all my years of working in Children's Ministry, I have always preferred to teach fifth and sixth graders. . .they were old enough to comprehend lessons that were beyond just basics. . .they had great opinions about life. . .and they could do projects by themselves.

I never dreamed I could prefer any other age, until we went to help with a Home Missions Work. . .and as you know. . .when you are just starting out, you work where you are needed. . .so I was asked to work with the teen class.

What a fantastic experience. . .not something I would have ever chosen to do. . .but wow, they were awesome.  About half the class really had no Biblical Training, so we were starting from scratch. . .

No problem.  They were open to discussion. . .they had strong opinions about right and wrong. . .they were more than capable of analyzing a scripture, breaking it down, and basically preaching themselves a sermon with very little input from me.

I was very, very impressed. . .so now as we travel full time, and visit different churches. . .I find myself studying that age group, and I wonder what their take on living for God is?

I wonder if you broke them down into small groups, and mentored them in how to study the Bible, and showed them how Biblical facts tie together. . .I wonder if they could "get it" a lot sooner?

The desire of my heart is to find out the answers to these questions.  Please pray for me as I undertake this journey!

Join me on my new FaceBook Page:  Falling In Love With Jesus. . .each day I try to offer a quick uplifting point. . .whether it be a link to an article, or a beautiful saying. . .I look forward to meeting you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment