Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Psalm 23: For His Name Sake

Psalm 23: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.

When I allow MY Shepherd to lead; there is a predetermined plan of action.

Jer 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."




Our Shepherd has a plan for our lives, if we are willing to be led, but the opposite of that scripture is:

Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death

Will we be led by our Shepherd, or will we be stubbornly insistent in going our own way until we reach the precipice?

Which is easier? Broken lives, broken homes, broken families, or, taking up your cross and following your Shepherd, by having a daily devotional, and a time for daily prayer?

Prayer does not always need to be on your knees, travailing before God.  The sweet Presence of God can whisper over you, as you sing the words of a praise chorus. . .or as you gaze at a beautiful, blue sky, with cottony clouds floating by, and marvel at the majesty of God's creation.

My prayer today is: May I see the wonder and majesty of My Shepherd in every breath I breathe. . .may I stop and appreciate the wonder of it all.

My Daily Morning Devotion: My Utmost for His Highest

No comments:

Post a Comment