Thursday, February 18, 2010

Psalm 23: He Restoreth MY Soul

It becomes so easy to believe that because we are under OUR Shepherd's care, all our problems are over.

Not so. 

However, since we are under the Shepherd's care, when we become "cast down" as a sheep does, lying helpless, kicking and struggling, OUR Shepherd will be there to lift us up.

Only when we understand the dilemma of a "cast sheep", can we begin to understand OUR Shepherd's compassion.

My prayer today is, "Lord, when find my wool so long, so matted with cares and entanglements of this world, please bathe me, shear me, save me, prevent me from being cast down with daily cares. . .RESTORE MY SOUL".

Reference: A Shepherd looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller

My Daily Morning Devotion: My Utmost for His Highest

No comments:

Post a Comment