Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Psalm 23: He Leadeth Me

If I will allow it, MY Shepherd will lead me beside the still waters, He will allow me to drink my fill of the good stuff, crystal clear, icy cold, delicious refreshing water.

Of course as a Christian, I must realize this means drinking of God's Word, filling my thoughts with things of Him, and allowing him to guide my every footstep.

My daily morning devotion, My Utmost for His Highest, states it perfectly today.

When I am stubborn, and, choose to go my own way, I ultimately find myself drinking out of the roadside ditches, and the disease laden mud puddles of the world.

When I follow in MY Shepherds footsteps, and stay within the reach of His arms, my life is enriched by drinking from the still waters He leads me to.

Only the Shepherd knows the eddies and currents beneath the still surface.  He knows exactly how far I can wade out, and as long as I stay within His protection, I will be satisfied.

Just as MY Shepherd knows the dangers lying beneath the still surface, He also know the hidden eddies and currents swirling beneath the surface of my life.  When I lie down, and listen to His still, small voice, He is able to lead me around the danger zones, and into the fullness, and peacefulness of being His child.

My prayer today is that we will not be swept away in the currents of today's pleasures, but that I will keep my eyes on MY Shepherd as He leads me beside the still waters.

Reference :  A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by W. Phillip Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment