Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Falling in Love With Jesus: We All Have Our Egypt

When the going gets hard, we all have something we want to return to. . .we all have our Egypt.

Egypt is where the melons and the cucumbers are. . .life is easier there. . .yes, there are taskmasters, but we don’t have to think too hard about it, we can just go about our daily agenda, without too much thought or effort.

 

I could just go work at the church Lord. . .and be spoon fed Your Word on a regular basis. . .I wouldn’t need to go to all this effort on my own. 

But out here in the desert. . .Lord, I’m all by myself out here. . .this relationship is turning in to hard work. . .what are You thinking?  Are you sure this is what You wanted me to do. . .cause it sure would be easier to go back to what I was doing before. . .seriously.

I’ve committed now Lord. . .You are stuck with me in this forever relationship. . .with all my whining and crying, and wanting my own way. . . wanting this desert experience to be over already!
I won’t return the way I came. . . I know there are better things ahead. . . I’m sure my Promised Land is just over the next horizon. . .right?

My prayer is that we will always remember. . .You are always right on time. . . in Jesus Name. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment