Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Falling in Love With Jesus: You Can’t Stop There!

Run To Win_You Cant Stop There_I Corinthians 9_24
The minister’s thought this past Sunday has stuck with me.

As a runner, you are assigned a lane to run in. . .if you step out, or fall out of that lane. . .you are disqualified from the race.

I am so thankful God doesn’t do that to us as we run this spiritual race.  Instead, when we make a mistake, and step over the line, He redirects our steps. . .and gets us back in the lane.

When we stumble and fall by the wayside. . .He picks us up, brushes us off. . .and sets us back on the path. . .
As the minister said. . .In this race, it’s not most important to finish first. . .it’s most important to be sure you finish!

My prayer is that the Lord would order my steps in His Word. . .that I would not stumble and fall by the wayside. . .but that I would continue to strive toward the high calling. . .in Jesus Name. . .

2 comments: