Wednesday, November 30, 2011


Where were you GOD?



I asked the question and God answered:


I WAS THERE ALL THE TIME. . .



I've been there, where this Mother was standing. . .


Oh, it wasn't outside of a surgery unit. . .
No. .
We found ourselves standing outside the PICU. . .
in one of the top rated teaching hospitals in the world. . .
with the lead pediatrician in charge. . .

while our adorable, blonde haired, blue eyed, dimpled,
always smiling little cherub fought for his life. . .
and lost. . .




so yes, I know the agony this mother felt. . .

I was so very, very angry with God. . .oh I held it together in public. . .
everyone commented on how well we were doing. . .

but in the privacy of my own room. . .flinging myself out across my bed. . .
I would scream at God. . .how could you do this to me?. . .

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?

It's not fair. . .it's not fair God. . .
I don't understand. . .
there is nothing you can say to me that is going to make me understand this. . .

but somehow, we survived. . .
we survived the grief, and the agony. . .

somehow our marriage survived. . .
and we kept what was left of our little family intact. . .

and slowly, slowly, began to rebuild a life for ourselves. . .

and God was faithful. . .and his promises were true. . .
and his blessings were abundant.

So many blessings. . .an adopted son who looks so much like us,
you won't be able to tell the difference. . .he is my joy. . .




sometimes I have to call just to hear his voice. . .

and adorable, precious grandchildren. . .four of them. . .nothing compares to one of their hugs. . 


So yes, God was there. . .
do I understand?. . .
NO. . .
but someday I will,

and until that day. . .I will keep pressing toward the mark of the calling of the Most High. . .



2 comments:

  1. How moving your story is! I have not been close to experiencing your pain, but I did question God when my mother passed away unexpectedly. Just couldn't understand why He would want her when we needed her. But through that grieving time I grew so much in my faith. I felt Him with me. I felt Him nudge me on the shoulder and whisper...get up and be productive. He knew what I needed! Thank you God for never leaving me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha, thank you for your comment. I know so many have experienced grief. . .and there are so many hurting. If I can help only one person know that there is hope in God, then somehow, it will all be worth it. . .it was knowing that I was not the only one who had ever experienced such a terrible loss that got me through. . .I pray that time has healed some of the pain of losing your precious Mother. . .

    ReplyDelete