Saturday, July 11, 2009

Measure of a Man

Measure of a Man


I love God's version of Law and Order. . .
the version where everyone is equal. . .
everyone is held accountable to the same laws. . .
no one gets special privileges because they are rich,
or beautiful, or popular, or because of who they know. . .

Isn't that an amazing concept?

In God's version of Law and Order. . .
we are each judged according to a set of rules that are indisputable. . .
no lawyer gets to discuss the meaning of is. . .God's law is. . .

I often read writings by Rabbi Daniel Lapin. . .
sometimes it just helps me make sense of the way things
are written in the Bible. . .

I specifically loved an article he wrote recently,
concerning the measure of a man . . .

I found it fascinating to think about God's instructions. . .
you are to use a just measure. . .
you don't get to use one measure for yourself,
and another measure for someone else. . .
no matter if you are rich or poor, fat or skinny, beautiful or homely. . .
you must measure equally. . .

I must remind myself of this concept often . . .
my human nature is sometimes quick to criticize . . .
but I am learning. . .
I only wish I could have learned these life lessons sooner. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment