Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pressing Forward

Pressing Forward



A friend recently told me, they felt as though they had wasted
ten years of their life, that they could never get back.

They felt looking back on those ten years,
there was nothing they had accomplished. . .
and they wished they had made different choices,
when the opportunity presented itself.

This bothered me. . .I felt I knew them so well. . .
I knew all of the accomplishments. . .countless lives touched by their ministry. . .
unbelievable riches they had brought into lives,
unmeasurable riches that would compound in the lives they had touched. . .
and be passed on from generation to generation. . .

I pondered the comment for days. . .
I could not get the words out of my mind. . .
wasted years. . .accomplished nothing. . .words I knew to be blatantly untrue. . .

and then it came to me so clear. . .
letting go of the negative parts of the past,
and focusing on the positive. . .so many positives. . .

we are so hard on ourselves . . . so negative about our accomplishments . . .
the enemy just watches and waits . . .
and pounces on every little morsel of negativity. . .
and then just feeds our little pitiful minds. . .
until we are just sad, pathetic little puddles of apathy. . .

but this one thing I know for a fact. . .

After reading about King David. . .he was a mess. . .
if King David could be called a Man after God's own heart. . .
then truly we can. . .by the grace of God. . .speak the words,

I WILL PRESS FORWARD TOWARD THE MARK for the PRIZE

God has unbelievable rewards and riches for his children. . .
He said He would do it. . .and He will. . .
endless possibilities that we can't even begin to comprehend. . .

God's Word says:
may the words of this song be the cry of our heart. . .
God let my thoughts be your thoughts, my plans be your plans. . .







No comments:

Post a Comment